Trauma Recovery Coaching Certification Program
Are you a survivor of childhood abuse who would like to use all that you've learned in your recovery to help other survivors?
Do you have a natural ability to connect with those who are hurting and help them find peace and happiness?
Would you like to make a difference in the world and change people's lives?
Survivors need you
Trauma Recovery Coaching might be the career for you! Trauma informed care is much needed in every part of the globe. Millions of people around the world are subjected to childhood abuse and neglect every year. In the United States alone 700,000 children are abused and neglected every year.
There are shockingly few resources to help those children when they become adults, suffering from mental health issues such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as well as problems with relationships, jobs, handling emotions, developing identity and self-worth. These survivors need and deserve help that is Trauma Informed.
Trauma Recovery Coaching serves a desperately under-served community. As I have worked in the mental health arena for the last 27 years I have encountered thousands of adult survivors needing and wanting affordable, high quality, affordable help recovering from their childhood abuse and neglect. Trauma Recovery Coaching can meet this need, if provided competently and ethically.
I am excited to offer, for the first time in the world, a Trauma Recovery Coaching Certification program. Successfully completing the program and gaining your certification will give you the skills you need to competently and ethically provide high quality, affordable care to the international community of survivors.
The certification process
The course begins Wednesday, August 30th and will end in January 2018.
From August 30th until the first week in December we will meet every week for 90 minutes in a classroom learning environment. Aside from the weekly class you will need to spend approximately three to four hours watching videos I have made, reading required books and documents, and listening to audio files. Beginning in September I will ask you to attend one of five weekly coaching groups I run so that you can become competent in leading Trauma Recovery Groups.
In December and January we will be focused entirely on practicing coaching skills. Initially you will be online watching me as I provide live coaching to a client. Then we will move to me watching you coach. I will provide volunteers to be "clients". Those sessions will be scheduled according to your schedule and mine.
At the end of January we will have one final class to answer any questions and wrap up details. At this point classes and supervised coaching will be finished. However, you will need to successfully complete a final project, consisting of a video taped coaching session you have provided to a client along with several case studies and treatment plans. When I have received this project and reviewed it, to verify that your skills are commensurate with the protocols and methods taught during the course, you will receive your Trauma Recovery Coaching Certification.
What you will learn
- Basic Coaching Skills
- How Abuse, Neglect and Dysfunction Effects Children
- How a Traumatic Childhood Impacts Adulthood
- The Difference Between Therapy and Coaching
- Coaching a Trauma Survivor
- Coaching Protocols
- Intakes, Assessments, Crisis Management Plans and Recovery Goal Pans
- One to One Coaching
- Coaching in Groups
- Using Methods of Healing such as Expressive Arts and Writing
- The Ethics of Coaching Survivors
- Running a Coaching Business
Why Become a Trauma Recovery Coach
Serving survivors of childhood abuse is one of the most rewarding careers you can choose if you desire to help others. There are so many adults who need help recovering from their dysfunctional upbringing that the need for coaches is virtually endless. You will have the opportunity to immediately impact other's lives for the better.
Coaching is also very versatile. You can coach out of your own home using Skype or other video conferencing methods or you can meet clients face-to-face. You can coach with groups or clients or just one at a time. Coaching can be your part time career or your full time career. You set your own schedule and determine your own fees.
what can I earn as a Certified Trauma Recovery Coach
I cannot guarantee you an income of a specific amount. However, I will teach you how to price your fees and structure your appointments to maximize your income. Most Trauma Recovery Coaches charge between $25 and $75 an hour. However, there are multiple other ways to earn income other than doing one-to-one coaching:
- Teaching trauma related courses both for survivors and helping professionals, on or off line
- Holding webinars for survivors, families of survivors, and helping professionals
- Consulting with organizations, employers and even churches who want to provide trauma informed services
- Group coaching, online or in person
- Retreats for trauma survivors
- Writing books
- Speaking about trauma and abuse
All of these methods can be combined to earn a very livable wage as a Certified Trauma Recovery Coach.
Trauma Recovery Coaches leave a legacy of healed lives and and hopeful futures
Why Work with me to become certified
I am an internationally recognized expert in Trauma Recovery. I've worked with 1000's of survivors of childhood abuse, dysfunction and neglect around the world. I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and a Master's of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy. I graduated number one in my class from my graduate school program.
I founded Trauma Recovery University in 2014. Since then, I have produced more than 175 hours of video content and over 125 pages of content currently being utilized by both survivors and helping professionals. I am currently working with a United Kingdom organization to produce an interactive database of information for employers and employees seeking to develop a Trauma Informed Workplace.
Since I switched from being a therapist to becoming a coach I have pioneered the field of Trauma Recovery Coaching. No other individual or organization has written coaching protocols and ethical standards for the field. I am the first to put those together into a Trauma Recovery Coaching Certification Program. To support and organize Trauma Recovery Coaches who obtain certification I've launched the International Association of Trauma Recovery Coaching. This program will provide not only initial certification but advanced and mastery level courses, both in person and online. It will also uphold and promote the highest quality and ethical standards within the field of Trauma Recovery Coaching.
Content and Technology
All of the coursework will be offered online. Once a week, on Wednesdays at a time mutually agreeable to all students, we will meet in an online classroom environment. Other required content will be available in PDF format, via audio files and via recorded videos.
Aside from the content I have written and will provide, there are four books that are required reading during the course: Complex PTSD by Pete Walker, The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk, Treatment of Complex Trauma by Christine Courtois and Julian Ford, and Trauma Stewardship by Laura Van Der Noot Lipsky and Connie Burk.
To participate in the course you will need to have and be able to utilize Skype. You will also need to possess a Skype or Screencast recorder as I will be asking you to record yourself providing coaching. We will talk more about technology in our first session.
Certifying with me includes other perks and bonuses
- All coaches who begin or complete their certification during 2017 and 2018 will receive Charter Membership in the International Association of Trauma Recovery Coaching. As a Charter Member you will never pay membership fees.
- A feature on my website promoting you and your coaching services.
- Referrals from me when my coaching practice is full or if I think a new client is better suited for your skill set than mine
- Eligibility to take Advanced and Mastery Level courses which will earn you Advanced Certification
- Eligibility to teach Coaching Certification courses and programs of your own after receiving Advanced Level Certification and demonstrating mastery of Trauma Recovery Coaching Skills
What is the investment?
For this first Trauma Recovery Certification Course I'm offering a one time only price of $1200. Subsequent courses will be $1750.
Is $1200 outside of your budget right now? I understand. I'm offering two payment plans:
- $255 a month for five months. The initial payment is due BEFORE the course begins on August 23, 2017. Subsequent payments will be due on the first of September, October, November and December. The total cost is $1275, which includes an additional $75 fee for managing the payments.
- $190 a month for seven months. The initial payment is due BEFORE the course begins. Subsequent payments will be due on the first of September, October, November, December, January and February. The total cost is $1330, which includes a $!30 fee for managing the payments.
All payments -- either the full $1200 or the initial payment in your selected plan -- must be made BEFORE the course begins. Additionally, this course is limited to 10 individuals on a first come, first served basis. Payment secures your spot. No spots will be held without payment.
Please note: if you choose a payment plan and do not pay your invoice by the fifth of each month you will be removed from the Certification program. No payments will be refunded, however you will be allowed to join a future Certification Program at a discount equal to the payments you have already made.